Maria C. Jaime
Maria Jaime has been an attorney with Curtis Legal Group since 2006, focusing her practice on representing clients injured in traffic accidents of all kind. Maria has worked in the legal industry since 2003, working as a pro bono attorney with California Rural Legal Assistance, a non-profit organization that provides free legal services to California’s rural low-income families and senior citizens. As the daughter of migrant farm workers, she spent her childhood in a farm labor center in Ceres, California; she continues to give back to those less fortunate on a regular basis. Knowing that an entire community has placed its trust in her, she works tirelessly to provide exceptional service.
The first Latina lawyer to join Curtis Legal Group, Maria handles cases involving auto accidents, truck accidents, off-road vehicle accidents, and accidents resulting from defects in property, such as trip and fall cases. She also represents the families of victims involved in wrongful death cases, aggressively fighting for the rights of grieving families.
Maria graduated from California State University, Stanislaus with a Bachelor of Science in Social Sciences in 2000. She earned her law degree from Lincoln Law School of San Jose in 2003.
Maria is a member of several legal associations, including: the State Bar of California, Stanislaus County Bar Association, and Wray F. Ladin American Inn of Court. She is a leader in the Hispanic community where she is an active member of the Stanislaus County Latino Giving Circle, and has volunteered her time with the Hispanic Leadership Council, the American GI Forum, Mujeres Latinas of Stanislaus County, and the Latino Community Roundtable. She was a Past-President of the Latino Business Association and has served on the board of various organizations, including: Stanislaus County Literacy Center, Interfaith Ministries, Central California Child Development Services, Inc., and El Concilio (Council for the Spanish Speaking).
Maria was recently selected to the 2020 California Super Lawyers List by Thomson Reuters for her work in personal injury. She was previously a recipient of the Stanislaus County Commission for Women’s Outstanding Woman of the Year award in 2014. She was also awarded the “Friend of the GI Forum” in 2006 and was the 2011 “Amiga of the Year” for her dedication to the community.
- Lincoln Law School of San Jose, Juris Doctorate, 2003
- California State University, Stanislaus, Bachelor of Science in Social Sciences, 2000
- History Club, President
- Phi Alpha Theta: History Honor Society, President
- California, 2004
Awards and Honors
- California Super Lawyers for Personal Injury, 2020
- Outstanding Woman of the Year, awarded by the Stanislaus County Commission for Women, 2014
- “Amiga of the Year,” awarded by El Concilio, 2011
- “Friend of the GI Forum,” awarded by the American GI Forum, 2006
- State Bar of California
- Inspiring Professional Latinas Roundtable, Invited by El Concilio, Modesto Junior College 29th Hispanic Education Conference, 2013.
- Keynote speaker for the California Department of Education 30th Annual State Migrant Conference in Southern California
- Keynote speaker at the Latina Leadership Luncheon and Scholarship Program
- Latino Business Association (LBA)
- Former President
- Stanislaus County Latino Giving Circle, Active Member
- Stanislaus County Mock Trial Competitions, Judge
- Stanislaus County Literacy Center, Former Board Member
- Interfaith Ministries, Former Board Member
- El Concilio Council, Former Member
- Colon Cancer Alliance, Mentor
- Central California Child Development Services, Inc. (CCCDS), Board of Directors
Over $100 Million Recovered!
Schedule your free case consultation
Work with a team of lawyers who have a proven track record of helping those suffering from car accidents, truck accidents, motorcycle accidents, and more. Contact us today to find out how we can help you and your family.